September 15, 2012

Custom Book Purse Contest Winner

A few months ago, I did a contest in honor of BiblioBags' 2nd anniversary/birthday (I still don't know what to call it . . . ).  I offered a free custom book purse.  I did a random drawing and the winner chose Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey as the book for her purse.  Here's how it came out!



Using the same trick I did on the French Cinema purse, I printed a picture onto fabric using this tutorial.  I then wrapped it around a fabric button kit and voila!  Ms. Austen goes where you go.



The winner wanted a shoulder bag.  I'm just now experimenting with longer handles (I don't know why it took me so long!) and I really like them!  Please forgive my weird distended belly.  I know it looks like I have an alien spawn lurking in there but this was just a day or two after my ovarian cyst surgery so I wasn't looking too svelte!

What do you you guys think of the winner's purse?

No comments: