November 4, 2012

Oh, Deer! A Blouse ReFashion

I have a new obsession with eBay as of late.  I love the clothing on there, especially the clothes from Asia.  The prints are quirky and I can't resist a novelty print blouse.  So when I saw this deer print blouse for $7, I couldn't resist.  The problem?  One size fits all.  I am petite on top but I'm certainly not Asian one size fits all . . . at least, so I learned.



As I thought about what to do, I remembered this tutorial I saw on Pinterest.  I did happen to have some antique crocheted lace.  I cut up the side seams of the shirt and added lace to one side.  The lace was pretty, but unraveled on me.  On to plan C . . .

Digging through my fabric stash, I found a cute Riley Blake fabric that didn't work with the project I originally planned for it.  Lucky for me, it worked great with the blouse!  I cut large strips for both sides of the shirt, making a curve at the top (so it wouldn't rub my armpits).  When I was finished, I was happy but something was still lacking.  I decided to add some cap sleeves, ala this blog.  Somehow, they went from cap sleeves to flutter sleeves.  I guess I cut them too big?  Who knows.  But I actually like the flutter sleeves better!  Here's the finished product:


I don't know what was up with the stank face I'm making . . . I really do like how it turned out!


I'm a little bit happier in jeans, I guess.  Here's a better look at the side panels:


I love this refashion trend.  I'm about to cut up two sweaters to make an infinity scarf, so we'll see how that goes!









1 comment:

Kara said...

Awesome! I love it!