July 19, 2011

Put A (Scrabble) Ring On It: Another 5 x 5 Craft

A 5 X 5 craft costs $5 or less to make and 5 minutes to put together. Buy supplies in bulk and split the cost with friends for a fun and cheap craft night!

It's my second post for my "Scrabble Week." Before I get to this ridiculously simple tutorial, I must digress and share a funny story about the song that inspired the title of this post. I have a 3 year old boy and he loves to sing. The other week I sang out, "If you like it then you shoulda' put a . . ." Normally, he answers, "Ring on it!" This time he sang, "A green ring on it! Shoulda' put a Green Lantern green ring on it!" Can you tell he's a little obsessed with superheroes? Hee hee . . . thanks for indulging me in my lame Mommyness.

NOW . . . back to business. Here's what you'll need to make your own Scrabble ring:

One Scrabble tile (see previous post on where to find them)
An adjustable ring base (I got this ring--normally $1.47--half price! Gotta love their sales.)
E-6000 (available at any craft store or Walmart)

First, dab some E-6000 on the ring base.

Next, place the Scrabble tile on the ring, centered. Let it dry, letter side down, for 24 hours.

Done! Wow, I'm not sure that even qualifies as a real tutorial . . . I'll have to show you something a little more challenging and unique for my final Scrabble Week post. Stay tuned!

No comments: