October 11, 2010

Home(page) Run!

Last night I checked my email to find a large list of Etsy convos (Etsy's version of emails). I thought, "What in the heck is going on?" As I scanned the list, more and more kept popping up. I thought to check the front page of Etsy to see if one of my items had made it on there. I've never had a coveted front page spot before so I doubted that was the cause for my bloated inbox. I got to the home page to find this:

'Shhh... quiet in the library - treasury challenge' by Tangentine

You can also join in the Curation Nation treasury challenges. Visit the website for more information: http://curationnation.blogspot.com/zwzzy's shoes made my think of the beautiful, elegant, slightly severe but never frumpy librarians you always see in movies.


1970s Vintage Black Leather ...
$32.00

Mahogany Dreams
$70.00

Sherlock Holmes Book Purse
$75.00

Clutch - Brown and Cream wit...
$22.00

Industrial Chic. Metal File...
$18.00

Estate Ring, Woodsmoke
$

Piece of my heart - 8x8 (20x...
$24.00

Handmade Button Up Leather J...
$32.00

Safilo Mona Lisa Vintage Rhi...
$68.00

Necklace Whiskey Quartz, AAA...
$174.00

Book and Pen Earrings
$13.95

12 french (sheets) pages of ...
$

Antique, Vintage, Collectibl...
$18.00

Recycled Copper Book Keychai...
$41.00

Dark Brown Bangle - Cocoa Bl...
$7.99

Brown Leather Bookmark
$6.00

Generated using Treasury HTML code generator by Whale Shark Websites.



Yup! I made it on the front page! Thanks to Tangentine, the curator (the person who picks the items for their Treasury), for picking one of my book purses to be a part of this lovely collection. How appropriate is it that my front page debut came from a library-themed Treasury?

I'm still in shock about this. It's what every new shop owner dreams of. I got literally over 1500 views on that Sherlock purse! That purse went from 13 or so hearts to 125! It's so crazy . . . but I'm loving it! Here's to hoping for another front page spot soon. :)

3 comments:

Em T said...

What do the hearts mean? That someone likes it? I'm not really on top of the etsy thing because I"m not cool enough...

Unknown said...

Emily, yup! It means another person likes it. Autumn, that means 125 people like it!!!! Totally awesome! There is a front page website that will email you when you're on the front page, if you give them your email address. I LOVE it! I haven't ever gotten spam from it, but i can't remember what the website was.... not much help am i?!?! =)

Tina said...

That is so awesome! Good job home fry. :)