June 21, 2010

This (Head)Butt's For You

 
This is the blockprint card I made for my hub's b-day this past week. He's a huge soccer nut so I thought I'd make him a World Cup themed card. At the 2006 World Cup, France's captain Zidane was redcarded after he headbutted Italy's Materazzi in retaliation to a nasty comment he made about his sister. Check out the video!

As a final touch, I printed it on red paper . . . get it? Red card? Hee hee hee . . .


 
My hub is very low maintanence and all he wanted for his birthday dessert was the usual cherry cheesecake pie. It's so easy, I had to share the recipe:

1 prepared graham cracker crust
2 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
1 can condensed milk
1/4-1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 can cherry pie filling (or other fruit of your choice)

Blend room tempurature cream cheese (it must be room temp or the pie will be lumpy) and condensed milk until creamy. Starting with the least amount(fresh lemons make for an extra tasty pie), add lemon juice until it's to your taste (we like a tangy pie, so I use 1/2 a cup). Blend in the vanilla (real vanilla only!) and pour the mixture into the pie crust. Refrigerate until set (about 4 hours . . . I usually make it the night before). When ready to serve, pour on pie filling and enjoy!

 

 
Posted by Picasa
For Fathers' Day, I came up (at the very last second . . . it's been a busy week!) with this fun necktie card design.


My father-in-law (in fact, my husband's entire family) is a huge Georgia Bulldogs fan, so I did his ties in a "Dawgs" theme.

My dad is more of a fashionista (er, fashionister?), so the classic maroon and blue suited him perfectly ("suited" . . . get it? hee hee). Once my mom counted and found that my dad owns over 50 ties. I'm not joking. He also owns more shirts than he can wear in a month. He has them in a rainbow of colors, too. My dad is manly enough to wear lavendar, salmon and mint green. I love it. I've gone shopping with him and he'll literally spend hours putting together ties and sport coats. I get my love of fashion from him. My dad is quite the snappy dresser and I love him. Happy Fathers' Day, Dad!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Everything about this post is classic. The cards to the dessert. By-the-way, Jarom makes that same dessert for me every year too!. Love it!!! Not to mention it's super cheap. I'm proud for the frenchman to defend his sister, nasty italian and who doesnt' love an awesome array of business shirts and ties, even with some bulldogs. Bravo!